Mobile Foundation for Health, Security and Rehabilitation, Nigeria (MHSR
Is a youth-led, community based organization focused on mobile health services, sexual health education, research and development. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 234(0)8169162109
MHSR, Nigeria. Envisions a liberal society that promotes health, dignity and value of every person irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation and health status.
- To identify and advocate for an increased and improved access to Health and Human Rights resources beneficial to the most at risk population.
- To facilitate the dissemination of evidence-based human rights information/response for the benefit of the Most at Risk Population (MARP) especially the sexual minority community.
- To create and provide a conducive environment / safe space for security and rehabilitation for vulnerable or victimized LGBTIQ members.
- To build a strong network with other organizations to help achieve our aims..
OUR CORE VALUES
- We believe in confidentiality and the acceptance of diversity amongst men and women.
- We value the dignity and equality of all men and women irrespective of sex, orientation, economic and health status.
- We support the self determination and emancipation of likeminded individuals belonging to the Most At Risk Populations (MARPs) especially the sexual minority community.
- We uphold the ethics of our profession.
Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a youth-led initiative with Trans inclusive organization that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Research and Development for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the young ones among them. MHSR was founded on March 1st 2014 and aims to reach MARPS especially men who have sex with men (MSM). MHSR is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to giving mobile health services, doing research, training and advocacy for vulnerable groups especially MARPS to improve their health and build their capacity for a better standard of living. MHSR is registered with the corporate \Affairs Commission as an Incorporated Trustee with registration number CAC/NO 79944, Lagos State Aids Control Agency/POL – 2099, Primary SIC Number: 6737, DUNS Number: 561385882
- We are a Peer based Organization, led-by and consisting of young persons.
- We are Health Rights and Capacity Development Advocates.
- We exist to fill the Health gaps associated with reaching the Most-at-Risk Population (MARP) especially the Sexual Minority Community.
- MHSR Nig seeks to promote the Health and Rights of Most at Risk Persons especially the sexual minority persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases through Mobile Health intervention.
- We will promote sexual health education that supports Positive Health, Dignity and Prevention of sexually transmitted infections (PHDP).
- We will advocate and lobby against stigma, discrimination and marginalization of sexual minorities through sensitization, Sexual Health/ Human Rights literacy.
- We will advocate for an enabling and secured environment that supports the well-being of an average Most at Risk Persons, especially the sexual minority persons in Nigeria.
MHSR is a sexual minority based organization and its program activities will be reaching out to key affected populations of men who have sex with men which include:
- Elite MSM
- Married MSM
- Uniform Service MSM
- Male to male transactional sex workers
- Transgender male and female
- MSM Living with Affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Injecting and non-injecting MSM drug users. Adolescent MSM (Young from 13 – 17)
Why choose us?
- Lagos State Agency For The Control Of AIDS (LSACA)
- Lagos State Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Society for Family Health
- Heartland Alliance Nigeria
- National Youth Network on HIV/AIDS, Population and Development (NYNETHA)
- Population Council (Nigeria)
- Centre for Right to Health CRH
- MARPS Behavioral Initiative MBI, CLD
- Young People We Care Nigeria (YPWC)
- Network Of People Living With HIV/AIDS In Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
Would you like to Partner or sponsor Us?
We welcome your Sponsorship or Donation from Individuals and Corporate bodies in order to sensitive, provide and support this program